Saturday, December 4, 2010

Street Stencil and CD Stamp

After getting the approval from my Graphic Design Expert Gerry Labadie from Labadie Produtions, I  completed the design for the solution of my study. A street stencil that will be used to promote shows visually and a CD stamp that will be used to create a free CD that will be handed out to promote the band's music, website, and upcoming concerts. Both forms of promotion are to be used to create Word of Mouth promotion for up and coming bands. I used the concert my band is playing as a way to gain first hand experience and to test the solution in the real world. The CD stamp with the ink pad and ink cost $70 ($40 for the stamp, $20 for the ink, and $10 for the pad) and the CD's cost 15 cents a piece. The amount of ink needed for the CD stamp is so small that the cost per CD is basically nothing. There was just the upfront cost which is very inexpensive compared to buying burned and printed CD's which cost 79 cents a CD plus shipping (discmakers.com) . The stencil was based off of the 1970's poster above. I'm still waiting for the CD's I ordered to show up so I can take a picture of an actual stamped CD but here are the graphics for the stencil and CD.
Stencil
CD Stamp
What the CD will look like

Images used to make Street Stencil


No comments:

Post a Comment